Fall is just around the corner and many of us are thinking of renewing our wardrobe. But what are the best investment pieces to spend our money on this season? Keep reading to find out. Lol, that didn’t sound like me, at all. Who am I? Gossip girl? No, Karen, I’m not!
Moving forward, here I am with yet another illustration. I’ve been enjoying drawing digitally way too much. As a result, I just bought a new iPad + apple pencil 🙂 I know, I know, I can be a little reckless and impulsive sometimes. But I once read “Spend your money where you spend your time”. And I’ve been spending so much time drawing lately, that I just needed a more comfortable upgrade. I’ve been drawing (today’s post illustration included) on my desktop, Photoshop + Wacom tablet. To clarify, this combo works just fine, but I think is more intuitive to draw looking downwards and seeing your strokes get illustrated as you draw. Rather than looking up, with your hand in one place, and your eyes on another. That is to say, there are so many incredible apps to draw on the iPad, that wouldn’t work on the desktop.
Oh my. Totally unrelated information to today’s post. Meanwhile, just take it as a little update, lol.
5 PIECES TO INVEST IN THIS FALL SEASON
- Blazer. I’ve been keeping an eye on these 3 from Arket. One of my all-time favorite brands out there! Certainly, love their overall minimal style. Blazers are one of my staple wardrobe pieces, and I can’t live without them. Lucky enough, suiting is still on-trend. But to be honest, I will wear long-lined blazers till the end of time, and as long as the weather allows it, of course.
- Chelsea Boots. This is my go-to style of boots throughout the cooler months. And I’ve been after these pair of Church’s ones for years now. But somehow I always end up buying photography equipment before clothes or accessories. So I never have spare money for shoes. And the eternal question is black or brown?
- Loafers. Speaking of “Spend your money where you spend your time”, we have shoes on the majority of the day. That’s why 2 items out of 5, are shoes! Invest in a good pair, people! These Gucci loafers have been on my list for years too! Likewise, I just can’t decide if I want them in black, or in brown! What do you think?
- Chunky Knitwear. The more I look into this list of mine, I notice my style will never change! I’m naming all of my must-have basics! Anyway, chunky knitwear; I can’t tolerate cold temperatures very well. Let’s see how well I do this first winter here in Madrid since it’s supposedly colder than Barcelona. Pray for me! But I will be well equipped with knits, so don’t worry too much!
- Leather. Leather is on-trend right now. Is up to you if you buy vegan leather or not. Therefore, I would totally recommend vegan leather always! It’s amazing quality, you can barely tell the difference and you won’t be contributing to killing more animals. Anyway, leather can come in the form of a pair of leather pants. Which are totally cool, but I don’t see myself wearing them. But I think they are cool enough to put them in my list of pieces to invest in this season!
And that would be it, folks. In conclusion, these are my five pieces to invest in this fall season. However, let me know what you think in the comments below. Especially tell me something about my drawings, since I’m really loving them!
Also, can you do me a favor and follow me on Instagram? Shameless promotion!