Brands are all in for the “shopping fashion experience” but to be honest, shopping online is better. At least for me, it is!
Don’t get me wrong, I love window shopping, and walking around shops seeing what’s new. But I almost never find anything I like by seeing the clothes hanging there boringly. And when I browse their website my shopping cart is full in under 10 minutes.
Hear me out, I’m by no means encouraging you to go spend your money on anything. I’m just saying that if you are going to anyway, just follow these 5 tips for a smarter online shopping!
TIPS FOR SHOPPING ONLINE
- LEAVE YOUR ITEMS IN THE CART AND LEAVE. Yes, you’ve read that right. And I don’t mean leave and don’t buy anything. Just don’t buy anything YET. Many times when you leave your items in the cart and leave. The brand emails you trying to remind you that you forgot your items and didn’t finish your order. And sometimes, they even send a discount your way just to make sure you end up buying them! So it’s totally worth trying!
- MAKE SURE THE WEBSITE IS SLL ENCRYPTED. You will be giving away all of your personal information, plus card information. And you really don’t want that information to swim freely in the deep ocean of the world wide web. To know when you’re buying safely in an SSL encrypted website, just notice that the website begins with “https://” being the “s” what you’re looking for.
- WAIT BEFORE YOU BUY. Waiting helps for so many reasons. One of them is – are you sure you need what you want to buy? Do you really need a fifth pair of straight leg jeans, Karen? And the exact same wash?? Let’s have more responsible consumption people, please!
Another benefit of waiting if you really want/need that item is that it may go into the SALE tab soon enough, and it might be worth it to wait a little longer.
Finally, it wouldn’t be the first time that I buy something and then go into another website and find the exact same thing but better and cheaper. So do your research and wait it out!
- SUBSCRIBE TO EVERY NEWSLETTER. Have you noticed that every time you go into a brands website, a little cute window pops out of nowhere telling you to write your email down to subscribe to their newsletter? You better do it, Karen! Because being subscribed means you usually get between 10% to 15% off your first purchase – with that email – and you get first-hand notice of all the sales and even private sales. Meaning you will have access to the clothes before the sale goes public!
- MAKE SMARTER AND SUSTAINABLE CHOICES. Please do your research and try to help this planet of ours by not consuming fast fashion. Get into slow, sustainable brands. I know they can be more expensive, but we lose way more if we don’t stop polluting! Also, try to select the “in-store pick up” or the “delivery point” shipping option, instead of home delivery when possible. You may be able to bring your own bag instead of using brands’ plastic bags. And also, if the delivery point is near your home, you can walk there. And save the planet of Co2 pollution by having a truck delivering it at your house.
These are the five tips at the top of my head for a smarter online shopping experience. I hope it is helpful and I really hope you make smarter choices from now on.
Also, I’m sorry to all the Karens in the world. I have nothing personal against you 😉