Hi guys! Welcome to Blogmas day 9!
Today I’m sharing a very easy Christmas cookies recipe that my mom has made every single Christmas for as long as I can remember. I remember her getting extremely anxious because I was sticking my fingers inside the dough bowl before it was ready instead of helping her out!
I also remember giving these cookies out to my friends, or teachers at school. They worked as a really nice little Christmas present! Of course, they were very nicely wrapped with red bows and the whole shebang!
Also, I want to clarify I’m not a kitchen person. I actually don’t enjoy cooking very much. But when it comes to desserts I enjoy it far more! That’s why I wanted to share a very easy Christmas cookies recipe for the people out there that are just like me. And don’t like to be in the kitchen for long.
So these Christmas cookies are basically walnut dough snowballs! It’s extremely easy and you don’t even need your oven for this. Cause the snowballs are basically dough balls cover in powdered sugar. YUM! I know.
So let’s go ahead and get started because I’m actually about to make mine after I’m done writing this post! And I can’t wait!!
EASY CHRISTMAS COOKIES
- 250g walnuts
- 1 can of Sweetened Condensed Milk (My favorite: La Lechera Nestlé)
- 1 roll (30 cookies) of Maria Cookies/Biscuits (Galletas Maria for my Spanish people)
- Powdered sugar
- Put all Maria cookies into a food processor until they are completely chopped and become basically crumbs.
- Place the cookie crumbs into a separate bowl.
- Put the 250g of walnuts into the food processor until completely chopped and become crumbs.
- Place walnut crumbs into the same bowl of the cookies and mix together until it’s perfectly blended.
- Add sweetened condensed milk to the crumbs and stir until you have a delicious cookie dough.
- Wet your hands so the dough won’t stick to them and start making the small dough balls.
- Have a separate bowl with powdered sugar ready so you can completely cover the balls afterward.
- Put each separate ball into a mini paper baking cup so they won’t stick to each other.
And that’s it for my easy Christmas cookies recipe! Hope you enjoy making them and most of all eating them! They are one of my favorites!
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask me in the comments below!