Hey guys! Today I’m going to save your life. Well, at least simplify it a ton! Because I will give you photography cheat sheets for beginners. I’m going to spill all the details and shortcuts to make your educational photography journey as smooth as possible.
If you are interested in a more detailed explanation, head over to my Photography Tips Series. And read all 4 posts, and then let me know how quickly you advanced from beginner to pro! Easy peasy.
PHOTOGRAPHY CHEAT SHEETS FOR BEGINNERS
- Photo is too dark? Decrease shutter speed, smaller F/stop, raise your ISO.
- Photo is too bright? Decrease your ISO, increase shutter speed, bigger F/stop.
- Photo is too blurry? Increase shutter speed, bigger F/stop, raise ISO to expose correctly.
ISO CHEAT SHEET
- 100 – sunny day
- 200 – partial shade, bright light
- 400 – cloudy, bright indoor
- 800 – evening, dim light
- 1600 – dark
- 3200 – dark, astrophotography
- 6400 – very dark
- I don’t recommend pushing your ISO further
APERTURE CHEAT SHEET
SHUTTER SPEED CHEAT SHEET
EXPOSURE CHEAT SHEET
That’s it, guys! Make sure to download these cheat sheets to your phone to make sure you have them with you if you forget how something works. Tag me in your Instagram photos to see what you create with these photography cheat sheets for beginners! And while you are at it, make sure to follow me as well 🙂